What is Spiritual Health Care
“The secret of mind and body health is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”
– AUTHOR UNKNOWN
Dimensions of self-care?
Spiritual health is centred around Self-care which includes all the things you do to take care of your well-being. There are four key dimensions to self-care they are
- And spiritual health.
For this write-up, I would talk about the spiritual health as today is our #spiritual Friday.
The whole concept of spirit comes from the Latin word spiritus, meaning breath. The modern term refers to your life energy and the ‘nonphysical’ part of you, including your emotions and character. It includes your vital qualities of energy, enthusiasm, courage and determination.
(It is interesting to note that spirit also means a form of purified alcohol. Note that the emphasis is on purified!) Your Spiritual Intelligence is concerned with how you grow and develop these qualities.
spiritual health is also concerned with the protection and development of your soul, which the Oxford English Dictionary defines as your ‘moral and emotional identity’.
Spiritual Intelligence progresses naturally from your Personal Intelligence (knowledge, appreciation and understanding of yourself), through Social Intelligence (knowledge, appreciation and understanding of other people), to the appreciation and understanding of all other life forms and the Universe itself.
You are part of the process of an age of Spiritual awareness, development and enlightenment. Great men know that the spiritual is stronger than the material force.
“The whole concept of spirit comes from the Latin word spiritus, meaning breath. The modern term refers to your life energy and the ‘nonphysical’ part of you, including your emotions and character. It includes your vital qualities of energy, enthusiasm, courage and determination. “
SPIRITUAL HEALTH INTELLIGENCE?
Spiritual Intelligence is a realization that you are a miracle! There is no doubt about it, and you should hold yourself, and others, in awe. Each one of us is precious, valuable, rare, beautiful and priceless than the rare ruby or diamond.
The word ‘miracle’ derives from the Latin miraculum, a wonder, or wonderful thing. You cannot argue – all the evidence supports the fact that you are amazing. Consider the miracle of your engineering.
A miracle is defined as an ‘amazing or wonderful’ thing or event, or ‘a person or thing that is a marvellous example of something’ – as in ‘a miracle of design’.
Your body is made up of 200 intricately sculptured and mechanically perfect bones;
500 muscles with billions of muscle fibres and seven miles-worth of nerve fibres to keep it all co-ordinated!
Your eyes, ears, nose, skin and mouth are each so sensitive and complex that scientists are at a loss to explain how they all work, let alone replicate their functions adequately!
Your heart is the amazing mechanical pump yet devised, beating an average of 36 million times every single year of your life!
Your brain contains a million, million brain cells – equivalent to 167 times the population of the planet – every single one of which is more powerful than the standard personal computers we are relying on!
We also know that you are unique and more different from each other person on earth than any snowflake is from its fellows.
Moreover, we know that the atoms of which you are made come from the stars. You are, in the real sense of the word, a Star child!
The Areas of Spiritual Wellbeing?
The Two Important Areas I would Love to Emphasize are
Values are our codes of internal conduct; the principles upon which we run our lives and make our decisions. As children, our first values are given to us by our parents, and these are supplemented later by values added from our peers, teachers, religious beliefs and our wider community. From these we select, consciously or unconsciously, the principles that we decide will rule our behaviour and our lives.
Values are the morals and standards of behaviour we set for ourselves, and the most common include such universal concepts as truthfulness, honesty, fairness, justice, honour, etc.
Such standards of behaviour are essential for both personal and social survival –without them, chaos and anarchy would erupt, and civilization would be extinguished in very short order!
According to vocabulary dictionary, Transcendence comes from the Latin prefix trans-, meaning “beyond,” and the word scandare, meaning “to climb.” When you achieve transcendence, you have gone beyond ordinary limitations. The word is often used to describe a spiritual or religious state or a condition of moving beyond physical needs and realities. One way to achieve transcendence spiritually might be to fast for a long time. If you have trouble letting go of material needs, then you will have a difficult time achieving transcendence.
What is a healthy spirit?
Spiritual health is achieved when you feel at peace with life. It is when you can find hope and comfort in the hardest of times. Spirit is something that cannot be defined as part of the body or as part of the mind. However, it is interesting to note that the body, mind, and spirit all affect each other.
What does spiritual wellbeing mean?
To be spiritually well mean the ability to experience and integrate meaning and purpose in life through a person’s connectedness with him or herself, others, art, music, literature, nature, or a power greater than oneself. Simply put, spiritual wellbeing is to have a positive engagement with others, yourself and your environment.
What is emotional and spiritual wellbeing?
Emotional wellness is a measure of your happiness and satisfaction with yourselves and live.
Spiritual wellness acknowledges our search for deeper meaning in life and is reflected when our actions become more consistent with our beliefs and values.
WHAT IS SPIRITUAL GROWTH?
Spiritual growth is the process of inner awakening, rising of the consciousness beyond the ordinary, everyday existence, and awakening to some Universal truths. It means going beyond the mind and the ego and realizing who you are.
Spiritual growth is the birthright of everyone. It is the key to a life of happiness and peace of mind, and to manifesting the enormous power of the spirit within you.
This spirit is equally present within the most material person and within the most spiritual person.
The level of the manifestation of spirituality is dependent on, how much your spirit is close to the surface; and on how much it is hidden by your thoughts, beliefs and habits.
Spiritual growth helps us learn not to let circumstances and people to affect our inner being and state of mind. It helps us manifest composure and detachment, and display inner power and strength, which are useful tools that everyone needs.
Spiritual growth is not an excuse for escaping from responsibilities. It does not mean behaving strangely and weirdly or becoming an impractical person. It is a method of growing and becoming a strong, happier and a more responsible person.
A balanced life requires that we take care not only of the necessities of the body, feelings and mind, but also of the spirit, and this is the role of spiritual growth.
How do you train your spirit?
- Develop a Championship Spirit. Find the inspiration that will speak to the core of your spirit and lift you. Read spiritual and uplifting books. Think about what you read, and find out how you can use the information in your life.
- Take Time Out for Mindfulness. Learn to calm down your mind. Learn to make your mind quiet through concentration exercises and meditation.
- You are more than your body. Acknowledge the fact that you are a spirit with a physical body, not a physical body with a spirit. If you can accept this idea, it will change your attitude toward people, life, and the events and situations you go through.
- Build a Strong Team that wants you to succeed. Connecting (with yourself, others, or a supreme power and the environment),
- Look within you. Look often into yourself and your mind, and try to find out what is it that makes you feel conscious and alive.
- Think positive. If you find yourself thinking negatively, immediately switch to thinking positively. Strive to be in control of what enters your mind. Open the door for the positive and close it for the negative.
- Develop the happiness habit. Always look at the bright side of life and strive to see the good, funny and positive in everything. It will help you develop a happy state of mind. Happiness comes from within you when you do not allow negative thoughts and feelings to fill your mind. Do not let external circumstances decide your happiness for you.
- Exercise your will power. Exercise often your willpower and decision making ability, even in small everyday matters. Make your own decisions in matters that relate to you personally. This would strengthen you and give you control over your mind.
- Develop a heart of gratitude. Give thanks for everything you own and for everything you get or accomplish.
- Overcome the Comparison Game. Be a more patient and tolerant person. Showing tolerance, patience, tact and consideration for others make you a better person and expand your awareness and consciousness beyond the ego.
- Start Simple, and Start Today.
“The degree of freedom from unwanted thoughts and the degree of concentration on a single thought are the measures to gauge spiritual progress.”
– Ramana Maharshi
“Spiritual growth is not an excuse for escaping from responsibilities. It does not mean behaving strangely and weirdly or becoming an impractical person. It is a method of growing and becoming a strong, happier and a more responsible person. “